This policy applies to all operational divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and branches of Private Drivers and any additional subsidiaries, affiliates or branches of Private Drivers that we may subsequently establish.
Information provided by customers
When you create an account, use the Services, request services or information or contact us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Account information: When you register to use the Service, we collect your full name, company or organisation name, email address and password that you create. When you sign up for a paid plan, Private Drivers will also collect credit card information and use a third-party intermediary to manage your credit card processing. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain or use your billing information except for the sole purpose of processing your credit card on behalf of Private Drivers.
- Communicating with us. When you contact us to inquire about the Services, request customer service or technical support, or request other information, we may collect your name, e-mail address, telephone number or mailing address.
- Surveys. You may be contacted by us to participate in online surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information that may include personal information.
- Automatic data collection. As with most websites and mobile applications, we automatically collect certain information and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data, mobile device identifiers and ad identifiers. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyse trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically collected data to any personal information.
Private Drivers provides Ticketing services to its customers and collects and processes information on behalf of its customers. Private Drivers has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data is processed in its capacity as data processor.
- Pixel tags/Web beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Site that collects information about user engagement with that webpage. Pixel tags allow us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Local storage. We may use local storage (LS) such as HTML5 to store information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertisements based on your web browsing activity use LS such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Different browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LS.
How Private Drivers uses the information we collect about our current or prospective clients
We collect, store, use and process personal information for various business purposes, including:
To provide services or information requested by customers. Private Drivers may use personal information to provide the Service, to fulfil requests for products, services or information, including information about possible or future services.
- Administrative Purposes. Private Drivers may use Personal Information about you for administrative purposes, including:
o Measure interest in Private Drivers' services;
o Develop new products and services;
o Provide internal quality control;
o Verify individual identity;
o Send an email to the email address a client provides us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service or system maintenance;
o Process payment for purchased products or services;
o Process enquiries and transactions;
o Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
o Enforce our terms and conditions.
- Marketing Private Drivers Products and Services to Customers. Private Drivers may use Personal Information to provide you with material about offers, products and services that may be of interest, including new content or services. You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described below.
- Research and Development. Private Drivers may use personal data to create non-identifiable information that we can use alone or in combination with information from other sources, to help us optimise the delivery of our existing products and services or to develop new products and services.
- Anonymous and Aggregated Information Usage. Private Drivers may use personal data and other information about you to create anonymised and aggregated information, such as unidentified demographic information, unidentified location data, information about the computer or device from which you access Private Drivers' Services, or other analyses we perform. Anonymised and aggregated information is used for various functions, including measuring visitors' interest in and use of various parts or features of the Services. Anonymised or aggregated information is not personal data and Private Drivers may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analysis and other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Private Drivers and with third parties for our or their purposes in an anonymised or aggregated form designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Other uses. Private Drivers may use personal data for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide personal data or with your consent.
- Vendors and service providers. We may share personal data we receive with vendors and service providers only as necessary to provide the Services to us. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust personal data include service providers to whom we entrust personal data: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of the information and services you request; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. Private Drivers has executed appropriate contracts with service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing personal data except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to satisfy applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners. Private Drivers may share personal data with our business partners and affiliates for our and our affiliates' internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service you have requested. Private Drivers may also provide personal data to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, the name of our business partner will appear along with that of Private Drivers. Private Drivers requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data they hold on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which Private Drivers provided it.
- User testimonials. We display personal testimonials from satisfied customers on our site, alongside other endorsements. With your permission, we may place your testimonial on the website along with your name. If you wish to update or remove your testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Third-party advertising and marketing. Private Drivers may allow third parties to set up tracking tools (e.g. cookies) to collect information about your activities (e.g. your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share the data we collect with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) to provide you with targeted advertisements when you visit non-Private Drivers related websites within their networks. This practice is often referred to as "personalised advertising" or "online behavioural advertising". We may provide access to other data collected by the Site in order to facilitate the transmission of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise relevant to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Data with third parties, you may opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Data, free of charge, as described below.
- Disclosure to protect us or others (as required by law and similar disclosures). We may access, retain and disclose your Personal Data, other Account information and content if we believe it is required or appropriate to (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal processes, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect the rights, property, or safety of you, us, or others; (iv) enforce Private Drivers' policies or contracts; (v) collect amounts owed to Private Drivers; (vi) where we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) where we believe in good faith that disclosure is otherwise necessary or appropriate.
We may store any Personal Data we collect anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, in Europe, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers.
Private Drivers will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will also retain personal data processed on behalf of our clients for as long as necessary to provide services to our clients. We will retain and use your data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How to choose
- Standard Opt-In. Private Drivers adheres to the policy of requiring an opt-in for communications with our customers. Certain transaction-related emails are required for use of the system and are still sent. You may still opt-out as indicated below:
- "Do Not Track". Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to notify websites and services that they do not want certain information about their web page visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honour DNT signals or similar mechanisms sent by web browsers.
- Cookies and interest-based advertising. You can stop or restrict the placing of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, many mobile devices allow application users to opt out of certain mobile advertisements through their device settings. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners who participate in self-regulatory programs. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners who participate in self-regulatory programs.
- Clients. You may change, update or delete your account information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request that Private Drivers processes personal data about you, request access to personal data, and request that we correct, amend, or delete your personal data if it is inaccurate by contacting us at email@example.com. Please include your full name, the email address associated with your account and a detailed description of your data request. Such requests will be dealt with in accordance with local legislation. We will respond to all requests for access to personal data within 30 days.
- Data controlled by clients. We process information on behalf of our clients. A person who wishes to access, correct, amend or delete data processed by Private Drivers for their client should address their query to the Private Drivers client (the data controller). If the client further requests Private Drivers to delete the data, we will respond to their request within 30 working days.
The Service and Site are not intended for, nor does Private Drivers knowingly collect personal data from, children under the age of 16.
The security of your personal data and that of our clients is important to us. Private Drivers implements reasonable security measures to protect your information from loss, destruction, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information, such as a credit card number, on our order forms and login details on our platform login page, we encrypt the transmission of this information using SSL (Secure Socket Layer Technology). These technologies help ensure that your data is safe and secure and only available to you and those you have granted authorised access to. However, no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be 100% secure due to the nature of the distributed network that is the Internet. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the GDPR, Private Drivers undertakes to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal data.
Private Drivers is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Irish Data Protection Commission.
When you access and use the Service, you are subject to and bound by Private Drivers' Terms and Conditions.